Sunday, June 7, 2009

On Slow Days & Rocky Points

Last night I went out with Sara and her boyfriend. It was A BLAST! Loved it. I wish I saw Sara more...we get along so great. It's like we just started where we left off before she left for Austin. We've always had this crazy connection and when we drink, it just intensifies lol. We laugh, we dance, we talk about weight and girl shit. It's fabulous. So last night, I was able to drink 3 vodka tonics without throwing up. Seems my body is adapting to drinking as a Vegan. Good thing, too, because Mari & I are going to Dallas for a hair show next Saturday. And I wanted to drink a bit.

Weighed myself this morning...168 lbs. That's 18 lbs down in almost 7 weeks. I feel good about the weight loss, I do, but I kind of wanted to be 165 by Dallas. But I'm happy with what I've done. Can't push it too hard, ya know? I've been doing pretty decent counting cals. I try to eat 1400-1600 calories a day. I work out about 5-6 times a week, with the exception of this week, I only did 4 days. This week was a super tired week, emotionally and physically. But with the working out and cal counting, I probably only net about 1200-1400 calories a day. On the days I don't work out, I have to skip a meal somewhere to keep the numbers down. But this is all Vegan food, mind you. So it's never really bad for you, unless you count the numerous pb&j sammiches I eat. Other than that, I can't really eat any junk.

Ummm....work is hella slow, which is great because yet again, I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. That's a total of...let's see...10 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period? Nice. I really gotta work on that, eh?

Ummmm.....what else....uhhhggggh Maribel & I have hit a rocky point a bit. Her going out, staying out until 3 or 4 in the morning has really put a strain on things. This last week she did that 3 times. Ridiculous. So...we're working out things. I don't forsee this being a big hurdle but still, a bump.

Oh and I have to remind myself to call my mom. Haven't talked to her in like a week. She'd be proud of all the cooking I've been doing. Vegan green bean casserole, vegan mac n cheese, garlic broccoli penne...only about a year ago I could barely boil water.

2 comments:

  1. More hugs, huh?

    I had such a good time! I'm so glad that I was able to make it to San Antonio! It looks like Austins 80s night is on Sundays (or so I heard) you should come up here! My apartment is almost all set up ^_^

    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete